5 Signs of Creativity in your child
Is your child creative? If so, it’s a blessing you should never take for granted. A creative child has a gift for life.
One of the greatest things that you can do for your child is to uncover and encourage creativity early on because this is a gift that can add immeasurably to your child’s quality of life – not only now during his or her childhood – but right through into adulthood as well.
So how can you find out if your child has creative potential?
Once again, a little knowledge of handwriting analysis comes to our aid.
Take a look at your child’s handwriting and see if you can find some of the following signs of creativity:
Signs of Creativity in handwriting
1. Look for a comfortable and free flow of the writing stroke that looks natural and easygoing. Creativity thrives in an atmosphere of freedom where there is a lack of restriction.
2. Take note of the type of pen your child likes to use. If she chooses to write with a thick point rather than a thin point it may indicate a tendency towards pasty writing. Pastiness is a term used by handwriting analysts to describe a pen stroke that looks as if it were written by a felt-tipped pen. It shows a love of beauty and artistry and is a mark of creativity.
3. Check to see if there any letter formations that are different from the normal school model. Because this would indicate a measure of original thinking.
4. If your child’s handwriting is large and round it would suggest that she is inclined to choose form before function which would involve a use of imagination.
5. Circular i-dots as well as writing that is slightly decorative could show that your child has an eye for design.
These are just a few of the signs of creativity. Obviously there are more, but these should be a good indication. So be sure to check your child’s handwriting. For more on creativity and intelligence check out: